Everyday thousands of Filipinos leave their homeland to work abroad to seek for a greener pasture. They left their husbands and wives, children, their jobs and their positions for greater opportunities. The number one reason is the lack of opportunities in the country. Unemployment and underemployment are so high that the government cannot sustain all the jobs needed for its citizens.
But why are so many overseas workers after spending years of working abroad went home a failure? They are back to zero again? Why did they fail?
- They abused their salaries, buying things that don’t value much.
- Their families asked too much, they cannot say “No”. They want to provide everything for them
- They don’t know the different between needs and wants
- They were abused by their employers.
- Due to homesickness, they were in love with an abusive man
- They have a wrong mindset about money,
- They believed that it’s okay to splurge. It’s okay to celebrate once in a while.
- Their friends are bad influence; their past time is going to the bar.
- They were abused by illegal recruiters
I am once an OFW but failed due to some of the above reasons. “Money”- if you don’t take care of it, it will eventually fade away. It will go to the one who knew how to handle it.