How to dominate your Industry? Learn from Pat David.
There are 6 questions you must ask yourself in order for you to position yourself to dominate an industry (Not specific to any industry).
1. What market do you own in this industry? What do you want to own
Is there any age, any demographic, a culture,an income earner, a certain city, a certain state, a certain country?
2. What market do you want to own?
Beer, Wine industry, etc.
3. Who must you outgun? Who must you outdo?
Who is leading this market you want to own that you must outgun?
Who are those people? Have a list of them.
4. Enough Money – How much money do you need to outgun, in order for you to get the market?
Because it takes money for marketing, for staff, for executives, for advertising, for technology, for speed, for website, for pay per click.
5. Do you have the STICK-TO-IT-IVENESS?
Because this could be 24 months, 7, 11 or 13 years.
6. Do you match the position that you want to have?
Example, If I want to become the best financial adviser of silicon valley, and I want to own the position of people that are in the technology sector, hypothetically.
Do I match the position to get them?
Do I look the part?
Do I talk the part?
Do I walk the part?
Do I go to the places that they go to, the country club that they belong to?
Dominate the industry that you want to position in!!
For more inspiration read here.